Saturday, December 16, 2006

Viewer Mail #2

This one is from March. I asked for a question....he gave me a "few"!

i have a few questions.

1) Who is your favorite sports team..and least favorite?

I'm a NY Jets fan. Sad but true. I suppose they would have to be my "favorite" I was a rabid NY Knicks fan growing up. Insane! I watched every game and lived and died with them. The day they traded Patrick Ewing I said "Fuck You" and that was it. Everyone in New York was calling radio stations and going on TV to say how much better they were going to be without Ewing. I told anyone that would listen that they wouldn't make the playoffs for years. And now, years later they STILL haven't won a playoff game since he left town.... Much better indeed.

My least favorite is the Red Sox. I root for the Yanks but I don't lose sleep if they win or lose. However, the Sox fans were such babies when the Yankees got Arod that I just couldn't handle it anymore. In fact, it was Ben Affleck that did it.... He was on television, WHINING about it at some Nascar event. I said to myself "If Ben Affleck routs for the Sox then I FUCKING HATE THEM!!!!" And that was it.... Blame Ben.


2) What is your dream car?

I'm not a car guy. Couldn't tell you the difference between a piston and a johnson rod.

However..... This has always caught my eye.



3) You can cure cancer or AIDS in one swoop..but only one..which one?

This is a tough one.... The answer is Cancer. The reason may get me flamed a bit.

Many members of my family have died of Cancer and many women in my family are living with the threat of Breast Cancer.

I've watched Cancer take so many healthy people over the years it doesn't seem fair. However, most people living with HIV in this country are doing so because of poor decision making.

Unprotected sex and drug use are the reasons people contract HIV. Blood transfusions aren't really a third reason anymore with all of the advanced screenings. If someone gets HIV tomorrow it's because they made a bad decision the night before.

Granted, there are thousands of children all over the world living with HIV that did nothing to to deserve it. Their parents made a bad choice..... for them my heart truly aches.

HIV could be snuffed out with education and information. If the religious people would have gotten the fuck out of the way we would be much further along already in my opinion.

Also, with the advance science now, people are living 20+ years with HIV..... In ten years it will be 30-40+ years. No one with active Cancer is living 10+ years. You contract HIV tomorrow no one is giving you six months to live.


4) You see a penny on the ground do you pick it up?

Honestly, I'm so out of shape, I very well may throw my back out bending over like that.... So, no.


5) You are on death row..you get a final meal..it can be appetizer(s) to desert..what is your final meal?

Get me a big plate of authentic Buffalo Wings, a Porterhouse Steak from Peter Lugers in Brooklyn, cooked medium rare, and a pint of Chubby Hubby ice cream. Oh, and a keg of Guiness to wash it all down!


6) You can interview 1 dead person for 10 minutes..who do you bring back and why?

Jesus is the obvious answer here I suppose. Just so I could throw my arms up and say..."Jesus Christ, look at the shape of the world" and not be expected to be in confession next week.

However, not going obvious..... Man, this is tough! Most of my heros are still alive!

All right, my father's father.... He died 14 years before I was born. Might be a conversation worth having.


7) Paper or Plastic?

I should say paper but honestly I always go with the plastic.... Handles baby! Those handle on the paper bags break every time you put more than 10 pounds of groceries in them.

I use the plastic bags to clean the liter box with so I do recycle... Right before I throw them in the garbage.



8) In your opinion..where do you go when you die?

Man, I want to believe there's a heaven, I really do, but none of the religions make any actual sense. Faith is a wonderful thing except when, in order to have it, you have to betray every intelligent thought in your mind.

Two hundred years ago, before the age of science, I would have said Heaven..... Today, right now, I have to say under six feet of dirt..... Period. And trust me when I say I HATE thinking that. It keeps me up nights.


9) You win a massive lottery amount..what are the first TWO things you do...be honest!!

1. I buy my mother a house and pay off every mortgage any of my friends and family are paying on their homes.

2. I throw a huge wedding and plan a trip around the world for my honeymoon. Every major city on every continent.... Ending in the islands somewhere where I buy a house and a hammock and eat and swing in that hammock until the day I explode!


10) If you could change one thing about blogging what would it be?

Don't know about in general but what I would change about Blogger would be....

That it wasn't free. If people had to pay for the service you would get less crappy writing I think.
Even $2.95 a month would take out 75% of the people on these things. I love my link list but it's taken over a year to compile a list of 20 people worth reading.... In a landscape of millions more than 1% should be worth a shit....

$2.95 a month would fix that.... The others could go to MySpace and make "friends"

6 Comments:

Blogger JT said...

Well I'm a Bills fan, so what does that say about me? I hate baseball, so any team there.

I'm with you on the Cancer/HIV thing. And for me it would be a no brainer. Then again, If I could pick the disease to cure, it would Muscular Dystophy. I have two nephews that won't live to see their 21st birthday. Just saying.

I enjoyed this post. Very interesting.

7:09 PM  
Blogger Rusty said...

This post made me a litte sad, but it was really interesting to learn so much about you!

I'm right there with you on the "what to cure" issue. I never thought of it that way, but I was nodding my head as I read along. Education is the answer there, and it applies the world over. AIDS is a huge problem in 3rd world countries, but there's no excuse in the US.

8:23 AM  
Blogger March2theSea said...

hey man. excellent job on this. I was trying to be all over the map and you gave me everything I always liked about your blog.
humor
insight
a little passion about your beliefs.

Excellent stuff. Seriously well done.

6:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post! I am so honored to be counted as a blog worth reading LOL. Free is good but you have to wade through a lot of crap to get to the ones worth coming back to.

My choice for someone to interview would have to be Mother Theresa. This nun's devotion to the poorest of the poor leaves me in awe.

6:27 AM  
Blogger Potsie said...

Red Sox all the way playboy.

7:53 AM  
Blogger A.S.S. said...

OK First of all the only reason to cure cancer is so that we can keep smoking forever! That is the only validation needed. Ok so in my case it would be so I can start again, but whatever. All I'm saying is screw AIDS. More people have died from cancer by millions anyway. No need to justify it.

Also just so everyone knows the truth...After Annoyed won the lottery and planned the wedding and vacation and paid for it (no doubt in my mind this would happen first) his next step would be to stop in Vegas and play EVERY world series of poker event possible. If the world series conflicted with the vacation it would be rescheduled. As he is reading this he is saying "silly
A.S.S. I would have totally checked before planning the vacation." Oh and I'm sure a few hundred thousand would probably go into a video poker machine trying to win a $1000 jackpot.

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home