Sunday, November 26, 2006

Code of Silence



Apparently 41 shots into an unarmed man isn't enough in New York City anymore... Nope, these days it takes a cool 50!

That's right... 50 shots into an UNARMED man.


http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2006-11-25-police-shooting_x.htm

Now we have to deal with Al Sharpton marching in the streets!

GOD DAMN IT!

Thanks a lot NYPD!

The sad thing is no one is really shocked by this... It's just another case. Then again, why should anyone be surprised?

Garbage in.... Garbage out.

Why does anyone want to be a cop? I've come up with two answers.

1. Good people who want to make a difference in people's every day lives. These are the cops like my cousin and my girlfriend's friend "chicken"

These people make up about 20% of the police force.

2. Assholes, who have ALWAYS been assholes who's father's and classmates kicked the shit out of them growing up. People who always felt "disrespected" and not "taken seriously." Guys who couldn't get laid in a whore house and women that hate men.

These are the other 80%

These assholes figure "I'll get a badge and a GUN, and then people will have to take me seriously!"

IS it any wonder they fucking shot people? UNARMED people!

Think about the biggest asshole you knew in High School. The guy everyone hated...




This guy is now carrying a gun!



Meanwhile, the police department are "investigating" to see if it was a "good" shoot!

50 good ones?

Ducking for cover....

7 Comments:

Blogger March2theSea said...

i read this in the sunday paper...holy freaking crap..lots of questions for sure..but 50 shots is a lot for sure...

7:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In their defense I heard he was trying to run over one of the Cops when they started firing at him. However, I suppose they could have maybe aimed at the tires or engine to stop the car. I guess you could call 50 bullets excessive. How many bullets does it take to become excessive?

8:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes I knew a few of those assholes and they became cops and wife beaters.... Like so many of those assholes are...

My brother was a cop and got out because of the assholes he just didnt have the asshole mentality he said....

And why 50 shots... bet the dickhead is still getting paid!!!

So glad to see you back and I've updated my blogroll...

1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My buddies and I call them heroes.

I came across a hero when I was driving back from Montreal a couple years ago.

"Where were you born? What year? Where do you live now? What is your citizenship?"

This guy must frequent the local strip bar.

5:59 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Of course they are all assholes! How else can you explain the fact that most of them cheat on their wives?

7:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Most cops I know were either bullies or jocks (I know, those groups usually overlap) in high school.

To quote Kurt Vonnegut,
"True terror is to wake up one morning and discover that your high school class is running the country."

But anyway...

I don't know what's a "reasonable" number shots to fire into a car that just tried to ram you. I mean, if they had fired 30 shots, would people be less outraged? How about 20 shots? Do I hear 15?

I dunno what the magic number is, but supposedly the NYPD policy is you fire three shots and then try to re-assess the situation.

Well, in this case, of the 50 shots, 31 were fired by one cop. (Yes, that means he actually RELOADED.) Another cop shot 11 bullets.

That means the other three cops shot a total of eight bullets (four, three and one). I also read that there also was one cop (a lieutenant, the senior man on the scene), who didn't fire at all.

Is eight bullets reasonable? I dunno. Maybe one of those eight bullets are the one that killed the guy, so who can say.

8:31 AM  
Blogger Mr. A said...

Butch-

They were in plain clothes... Targeting an unarmed man.

If I'm leaving a strip club at 2 in the morning and someone pulls a gun out and I'm in my car...chances are I ram him.

Don't know really... Just know 50 shots seems like bit much

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home