Thursday, June 01, 2006

Sour Apples, Part II


Perhaps you remember my birthday tale:

http://pppannoy.blogspot.com/2006/05/sour-apples.html

Well, Apple sent me that "new-refurbished" Ipod and it was great!!!!

For about, six whole days!

Over the weekend it started sticking. A tune would start and then freeze for a second before starting again. Yesterday, at the gym, the entire thing froze and had to be reset. Today, the thing was just starting songs, playing ten seconds of them, and then skipping to the next track!

I got home and called Apple "Tech Support"

They should really just call this "Hold on while I check with my supervisor to determine what line of shit to feed you" After a few minutes of being on hold she comes back to tell me, "Sir, that machine sounds broken" (No shit!) "You'll have to send it back"

WHAT THE FUCK!?

I hang up with her and call customer service. I get a guy on the phone. For the sake of this piece, we'll call him "Seth"

Seth: Hi, how can I help you?

Annoyed: (I explain the WHOLE story)

Seth: Well sir, I can give you a $50 credit towards the purchase of a new Ipod!

Now, this does me no good at all. They only make 30 and 60 gig Ipods now. Both models are the "Video Ipods" I explained to Seth that:

1. I need at least 40 gigs. The 60 retails for $400 and even with the credit I'd still be kicking in an extra $150. The 30 gig is just too small AND $50 more!

2. I'm not some stupid teenager on the bus to school. I don't need to play videos on my Ipod. I want it to play music! That is all.... If I want to watch a video I'll turn on my TV!

Seth: Well, then you can send that one back and we'll do the exchange thing again.

Annoyed: Well, Apple has to do SOMETHING for me. I have LITERALLY spent more time on the phone trying to fix these things than actually listening to music on them!

Seth: Well, I don't know what else I can do. Maybe....

Annoyed: How bout a $25 gift card to Itunes?

Seth: Can't do that.... How bout a $65 refund back to you credit card?

Now, let's do the math here.... Along with the $25 credit from a week ago this brings the grand total of this Ipod to $110.

Seth says: "Hopefully, this one doesn't give you anymore trouble."

FUCK THAT! I hope this one just EXPLODES when I take it out of the box! You know what that credit would be worth? I'll have a free 60 gig the next day!

Anyway, the "new" one will be here early next week. Anyone wanna bet there is a third chapter to this trilogy?

4 Comments:

Blogger Dim said...

I'm so conflicted...on one hand, I want you to have an enjoyable iPod experience because..well, everyone should be able to listen to music without worrying about their devices freezing up, spontaneously combusting, etc.

On the other hand...it's so fucking funny to hear you rant when things go wrong.

Sorry man.

8:46 PM  
Blogger Rusty said...

I'm with Dim! I feel terrible for you, but yet, it's just SO funny to read your rant on Apple!

Best wishes and a virtual hug for all the stupidity you've had to deal with.

9:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't feel sorry for you! It serves you right after belittling me for wanting one and then going out to get one yourself! Ipods Rule!!!!!!!

A.S.S.

6:36 AM  
Blogger March2theSea said...

I am going to the apple store tomorrow..NOT looking forward to it.

7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home