Sunday, May 14, 2006

People I Can Do Without #8

I loath Bill Walton.

I mean I really, REALLY loath him.

In fact, it's borderline hatred.

Who is Bill Walton? It's a fair question to most I assume.

Bill Walton may be the most overrated player on the NBA's "50 greatest players" list. (although, James Worthy is a VERY close second) Bill Walton is also a play by play announcer for ESPN and ABC's NBA coverage. A fact, yet again, I could not escape today while watching the Nets/Heat Game.

Bill Walton was one of the greatest players in college basketball history. A true giant of the sport. Then he entered the NBA and had two very good years. One that resulted in a championship for the Portland Trailblazers. The rest of the time he was a big, injured, slow, awkward-looking, mess! You may remember him from the Celtic Championship teams of the mid 80's. He was the goofy looking, red headed guy waving a fucking towel on the bench while the able bodied players ran up and down the court.

This piece of shit never averaged even 19 points a game! Never played a whole season! Scored a TOTAL of 6215 points in his career! To put that in perspective, Trent Tucker has 22 more career points!

Who is Trent Tucker?

Let's just say people who know are either laughing or a bit shocked right now.

Now Walton is the most hyper-critical play by play man in the business. Never short on cheap shots or insults, he runs his big mouth for the full 48 minutes! The only time he ever shuts up is when he's busy blowing Shaq!

Which seems to never stop, even when Shaq has four fouls in ten minutes. Next time you watch a game take notice of the small grin that crosses Shaq's face every time he glances at Walton.

BLOW JOBS!

What I don't understand is why this stuttering muttering piece of trash is allowed to continue to spew forth his under-qualified opinion week in and week out. God, please allow Shaq to crash across the table next game and drive his massive forearm into Bill Walton's throat. Please Lord, save us from this fool.

Or just pick him up and pile drive him head first into the floor!

"Throw him down, big man....Throw him down!"

2 Comments:

Blogger Rusty said...

Okay, believe me, I realize how totally gay it is to bring up figure skating in relation to this, but it's related, I swear.

Perhaps you can admit to watching it, or maybe you don't watch it during the Olympics or anything so you can't admit it at all. I don't know.

But there's a commentator on there named Dick Button (which is the funniest name ever) who is a total asshole. A figure skater will do some beautiful move that I personally saw nothing wrong with, and he'll be yelling, "That was awful! What a horrible landing!" or some such bullshit. I realize that he knows more than I do and something could very well have been wrong with the skater's moves, but NOTHING anyone does is right for him, and he's a complete critical prick.

My mom tells me that he was a skater in the 60s or something, when they didn't do much more than spin on the ice for their big challenging move. This jerkwad did none of the things the current skaters are doing, but he feels like he can be an ultra-critical tool.

He obviously pisses me off, and I think it draws a lot of parallels with Bill Walton. He sounds like an asshole, too. Sorry to make such a loserous correlation, but I thought it fit. :)

8:46 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

Don't know him, but he looks like a tool.

6:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home