Sunday, May 07, 2006

Another "Annoying" Week

Well, it wasn't that bad... It was full of mostly good.

  • Monday - These past few months away from Blogworld I was working as a teamster on "Law & Order, Criminal Intent." My job was to drive a 15 passenger van 80 hrs. A week. 90% of the time I drove that episode's director. Some wonderful people and other than the hours it was a really good deal. The last episode I drove Whoppi Goldberg, that episode airs tonight on NBC. In my opinion, the best script the show has produced and I'm looking forward to seeing how it turned out. In case you were wondering, Whoppi is AMAZING. So down to earth and generous with her time to EVERYONE who asked for a small piece of it. Anyway, along with the driving there was a tremendous amount of sitting on my ass. An ass that has gotten 15 pounds bigger! On Monday I decided to go back to the gym. This also included starting a new diet. Both of those subjects will be touched on in the coming weeks. Diets and me are like one big, awful hand job. Lots of pain but with results... Last time I did this one I lost 30 pounds in six weeks. Same goal this time.

  • Tuesday - The highlight of the day was going to my 9 year old sister's softball game. This sounds like fun right? If you call 20 walks (they let the girls pitch) in three innings fun, then yes, it was a hoot! By the way they get six balls instead of the normal four for a walk. Also, I could count the number of times the ball made it from catcher to pitcher, without bouncing, on one hand. I love my sister but I'm dreading having kids one day because of these "athletic" experiences.

  • Wednesday - Was supposed to meet my friend Billy for lunch but he stood me up! Well, in fairness, there was a breakdown in communication and we both were left concerned and a little hungry. It also marked the first time I ever left home without my cell phone. As coincidence would have it, it was also the first time I EVER needed it! Anyway, left the meeting spot and took another walk through hell, where I bought tremendous amounts of paper goods!

  • Thursday - Finally met up with Billy! We ate burritos and spoke of glorious things! Like that girl's ass who just walked by the window and all the others stuff men speak of after not seeing each other for months. The highlight of that day was using Billy's work bathroom and thinking I broke the toilet after the handle stuck. I was in there for like five minutes and it's a very small office. His co-workers must of been thinking "why did Billy let this guy in and why is the toilet flushing and running for five minutes straight?"

  • Friday - Got a haircut! This is a big deal because I have to make an appointment for this at a salon. I've been going to same guy for 17 years. Why? Because I'm a bit of a woman when it comes to my hair. That's why!

  • Saturday - Went to Atlantic City for the day and got my balls kicked in! I have ZERO luck in A.C. I have won big in Vegas and Upstate New York but NEVER in A.C. I go 2-4 times a year and am going to have to re-think those numbers. I drove down with buddy, JL, and listen to him complain the whole ride about how he's going to fuck up his current relationship. A relationship that is all of two weeks old! The truth is, he will! Not because he's a bad guy or because it shouldn't work out, but because he will force it to happen. He should just TRY and be happy for a minute or two. My photo, in my profile, sums J up perfectly!

  • Sunday - Today I slept in a bit. Once up I caught up on some of pals in Blogworld (all of who's blog's can be found in my link section and are ALL worth a read) Dim had another "interesting" lunch this week and Rusty HATES the new Pearl Jam record. Jenny G is getting annoyed in traffic! March to the Sea, has started a new blog http://forgottendiscfriday.blogspot.com/ It is, in a word, awesome! This guy should be out of Blogworld and have the cover story on "Rolling Stone" If you are a fanatic of music, as I am, you will love his new blog. His "old" one is pretty good too! Anyway, enjoy your upcoming week! Hopefully mine will be full again!

5 Comments:

Blogger Dim said...

My Sunday was anything BUT annoying! The Red Sox won AND a new post from Annoyed. Sweet!

- D.

4:40 PM  
Blogger Rusty said...

OH MY GOSH. Law and Order?!?! My favorite show of all time! And Criminal Intent, no less! Why didn't you TELL me?! We were missing you all that time, and it turns out you were working on my favorite show. You bastard! (I'm kidding! The 80-hour weeks must have been awful.)

Well, I wish I had read this post much, much earlier (and I'm not sure why I didn't) because I never miss the damn show, and I totally did tonight. I was filing papers, of all things! I'll catch it on a rerun this summer, I suppose.

I loved your metaphor for going to the gym and going on a diet. A very true assessment, I'm sure. ;)

I feel like such a dumbass for repeating it a million times, but I'm just so glad you're back in the blogosphere. It's like our little "family" is back together again!

Strangely, you seem to have come back a much happier man...I hope that doesn't mean the vicious ranting will end?! I LOVE the vicious ranting! I'm kidding again, of course...I do love the ranting, but it's nice as well to just calmly hear about your week. :)

9:59 PM  
Blogger Mr. A said...

I try and make it angrier for ya

;-)

Yes, and not rub it in but it was the best episode they ever did! It turned out great! Whoopi gave a great performance which I was happy to see because she was sooo happy to be doing the show.

Did I mention how awesome she is?

I'm sure they will re-run the hell out of it as they do with all the episodes.

I also worked on the two they are showing next week.

10:54 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

Wow, L&O! And here I thought your new job had you sitting behind an office in a flourescent light hell like mine does.

6:04 AM  
Blogger March2theSea said...

thanks for the kind words. I wish I was better w/english. I just think its fun. Glad you are back and I had a chucle re:sofball. I have a 7 year old that is "ready to try sports" and I have a feeling I am gonna be right there with you!

Welcome back!

6:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home