Sunday, February 26, 2006

All About The Bulk, Baby!

My girlfriend and went to a whole sale club today. I'm not sure but I think these places are one of Dante's nine levels of hell.

First off, no one shopping there speaks English..It's amazing! They must be handed a Club card when they enter the country. Maybe we should just turn the U.S. ports into wholesale clubs and kill two birds with one stone...

Anyway, we shop for a bit and pass a woman who just sneezes towards the ground. Not in her hand and with no attempt to block the sneeze! Just straight down towards the floor.... People like this deserve a dirty janitor's mop wrung out into their mouths. I made a remark like "cover your damn mouth" but I'm not sure she heard me. Her husband looked like he could handle himself so I didn't say it that loud, but loud enough so she might have.

We shop around a buy a boatload of paper towels. They have 24 packs and 18 packs and enough paper towels that we could have saved the Titanic from sinking.... The 24 pack is cheaper than the 18 pack so the common thought would be the 24 pack is the better deal.... NOT SO FAST!!! The 18 pack is 100 sheets per roll and the 24 pack is only 60 per... hmmm.... we bought the 18...I know what you're thinking. "BIG Drama" and you're right!

What I began to realize, as I walked around hell, is that the only thing you get any sort of deal on is the paper goods. Eight cans of Tuna for $8.50 isn't really a great deal. You can find a better one at the local supermarket most weeks. Two pounds of coffee for $20 isn't that bad until you consider that half of it will be stale by the time you get to drink it.

We spent $150 and the good news is I won't be needing for microwave popcorn for a year.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's all about the microwave mini meatball hero's. Oh are they tasty!

A.S.S.

6:12 AM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

I don't understand the point of paying to shop somewhere. I realize they have good deals if you have places to keep all that stuff, but I have nowhere to store 24 rolls of paper towel at one time.

6:23 AM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

Congrats on the job, by the way. That sucks you have to get up so early.

12:07 PM  
Blogger Dim said...

Great minds think alike man...I did a BJ's post back in November. Like one of the first I ever did!

Hope the job's going well.

- D.

4:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

EW,

YOU ARE FUCKING KILLING ME WITH THIS STUFF! TOO, TOO FUNNY!!!

7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home