Friday, February 17, 2006

People I can Do Without #5

U.S. Winter Olympics "Stars"

Never have I seen a group of losers so over-hyped. I suppose NBC figured in order to compete with Fox's "American Idol" they would need to find some young, good looking people to showcase. The problem being, unlike Fox, ABC forgot to find people with an actual chance of winning!

There were FOUR of these idiots.














Michelle Kwan... Jesus, where is Tonya Harding when you need her? Michelle Kwan didn't belong there in the first place. She was injured and couldn't even skate for the qualifying round. She cried and begged her way onto the team and then it turned out she was injured! Well, why is this news? She was hurt before she got there and then was STILL hurt once there. Holy shit! What a strange development. Now people "feel bad" for her... FUCK HER! She is a millionaire tens times over despite NEVER winning a gold medal. How pissed is Mary Lou Retton that she wasn't born 15 years later than she was? Michelle Kwan needs to skate away now but I think we're stuck with her and all the new endorsements she's going to get even though she didn't compete.




Bode Miller.... This guy was a complete media whore! And the media paid him top dollar for a nothing more than a half-ass hand job. An asshole, without a medal, cashing in millions of endorsement money. He gets to the Olympics and says "The medal doesn't matter to me" Well then, go home!

His only claim to actual fame is saying he skied drunk... Well, for me to strap two sticks to my feet and fly down a snow-covered mountain doing 70 mph I'd have to be drunk too...Big fucking news!

Apollo Ohno.... This guy actually has a gold medal. However, he won it under tremendous scrutiny last time. This time? He fell down and cut his finger. Boo Hoo! I guess it's four more years of fashion shows and talk shows for this "athlete"





Johnny Weir... So, when did Clay Aiken take up figure skating?

This guy completely bombed in his event. What and over-hyped loser! At least Clay Aiken can actually sing.... Although they do have ONE thing in common I suspect...


So far this guy is the biggest winner for the U.S. in '06...











"The Flying Tomato"

The next face of Madison Avenue... Enjoy!

6 Comments:

Blogger Caroline said...

I saw Tonya Harding on Entertaiment Tonight and she's 40 pounds overweight now. Its unbelieveable. The last time that I had an interest to watch the Winter Games was when she and Nancy Kerrigan were in it after the whole "why me..whhhyyy" incident. Sorry, I couldn't resist...

The "Flying Tomato" looks like Carrot Top.

12:42 PM  
Blogger Rusty said...

Johnny Weir is from a town in southern Lancaster county about an hour away from where I live. He's on the local news just about every damn night, and I've had it with seeing his diva act and queerness. My mom says his name is missing at least the letter "d", if not a "do", if you know what I mean.

(If not, I'm saying we think he's a weirdo)

1:37 PM  
Blogger March2theSea said...

I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one that didn't give a rats ass about 98% of the Olympics. Bode Miller is a douche..its that simple. And the NBC Brass saying "the best team ever" I am honestly routing for Kazikstanh (sp?). America needs its ass kicked now and then IMO.

1:40 PM  
Blogger Dim said...

An instant classic! Very funny, as usual. I think it is perfect that the USA's big winner is going to be some mop-haired stoner teenager who thinks that winning a gold medal is "rad" because it increases his chances of getting in Sasha Cohen's pants.

- D.

2:51 PM  
Blogger Nothing said...

Michelle Kwan is an American Hero! If by hero you mean quitter. Well...if that's the qualification, then she's definitely an American hero.

2:58 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

I didn't know who the hell Johnny Weir was until yesterday when I was reading a newspaper article about "him." I was wondering why those people named their daughter Johnny. And, like Caroline, I did manage to see the Entertainment Tonight with Tonya and I couldn't get over how fat she has gotten. I haven't watched any of the Olympics.

5:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home