Monday, February 06, 2006

Hey You! Get Off My T.V.


Where's Janet Jackson's tit when you need it?

I find a nipple much less offensive than an old man's old arms flapping in the wind. The Rolling Stones were fucking awful at the Super Bowl.

AWFUL!

I've already seen people on the internet making excuses..

  • It's hard to sound good when you have to set up in 5 minutes..
  • It's hard to play a place that big and sound great

Bullshit!

1. The Stones play places that big all the time! They should be used to it.

2. Setting up in 5 minutes didn't seem to bother Paul McCartney last year.

3. They sounded like shit on HBO two years ago when they broadcast that concert.

4. I saw them in 1994 and they sounded like shit.

All of this leads me to the conclusion that The Rolling Stones suck and they are ripping off their fans on a nightly basis.

The face value of a front row seat to one of their shows is $500!!!

That is the biggest rip off in the history of Rock music!

People will say...What do you expect? They are so old...

Then they should fucking retire and stop wasting their fans faith in them! There are many bands/performers around the same age of The Stones that are kicking ass every night.

1. Paul McCartney

2. The Eagles

3. Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band

Just to name three.

And all three play around 3 hours a night. In fact the last time I saw Bruce and the band they played 3:20

The Stones are on and off in two hours. They play the same songs every night and sound like a sloppy, unrehearsed bar band while doing it.

Are they legends? Yes.

One of the greatest bands of all time? Of Course.

Worth one penny live? Not anymore.

Of all the great music that has come out of Detroit you would have thought they could have found some local artists to perform last night. Instead, we get Mick Jagger strutting around doing the same stupid moves he's done for years. Looking like a pile of shit, thrown against a wall.

"The stage was cool"

Yeah, and the band playing used to be too.

8 Comments:

Blogger Dim said...

Given the NFL's prior musical guest experience, even with all of the Detroit-born talent, left to their own devices, they would have fumbled it and had on Kid Rock.

Man, Jagger was even extra-ugly on my friend's HD TV. I almost lost my buffalo wings...

- D.

9:54 AM  
Blogger Mr. A said...

D-

I had the pleasure of seeing it in HD myself.

And you're right about Kid Rock...

They had him a few years ago. Awful.

Speaking of Buffalo Wings, did you see Aretha?

:-0

9:58 AM  
Blogger March2theSea said...

I didn't see it..glad that is the case. Funny, when I heard them mentioned as the "act" i said I bet they platy Start Me Up, some crappy new song and Satisfaction..and I think that was their set..i haven't checked cuz quite frankly I don't give a crap!

10:49 AM  
Blogger Mr. A said...

Well,

That was the set all right.

What was funny was the setlist was a BIG secret before the show.

lol

10:58 AM  
Blogger Dim said...

I think it was Bill Simmons who said that the NFL had Aretha on just so Jerome Bettis wouldn't have been the fattest person on the field yesterday.

- D.

11:10 AM  
Blogger Rusty said...

Can I join the man show here?

While I am by no means a conoisseur of music like Dim and March, I do fancy myself a music lover, and especially a lover of classic rock. This is why it pains me to say (and I rarely admit it) that I really don't like The Rolling Stones. I think they suck, Mick Jagger is fug as all hell, and the years have not been kind to him nor to Keith Richards. I love 2 of their songs total, in all their recordings. That's not a good record with a music fan.

Yes, they sucked last night. Hard. It was painful watching Mick writhe around on stage like a fool. Gross, even.

I am not a small gal by any means, and even I had to say, "That's one big lady" about Aretha. Apparently the years have not been kind to her either. I was highly unimpressed with she and Aaron Neville.

Anyway...I've said my piece. You can get back to your manly banter now.

1:58 PM  
Blogger Rusty said...

Oh oh oh! I just noticed the title of your post! Brilliant! I laughed out loud.

1:59 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

I LOATHE the Stones and agree that Mick is fugly, and this is coming from someone who used to think Steven Tyler was hot. They needed to have a Motown act. Dumbasses.

And props from me about your post title also (I hate that song).

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home