Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Learning To Limp


What's the deal with the ever growing number of handicapped parking spaces on the streets of America?

Now, I'm not talking about the ones at the local mall or supermarket. Those are fine. What I'm speaking of is the new handicapped street spots. Have you seen these? Basically, in the middle of every road in my town, there are two handicap signs about 20 feet apart and they are reserved for ONE SPECIFIC person! In other words, if you are a handicapped person, other than the one that spot is saved for, you're shit out of luck.

This rings of serious bullshit and kick backs to the mayor's office in my opinion. There are now THREE of these spots on my block. Up from one a few months ago.

The way I see it is, unless you live in a major city, you already have a handicapped spot. It's called the fucking driveway! Park in that, asshole.

That's where I have a problem. These people get TWO reserved spots! One in the driveway for the able bodied person and one right in front of the house for the handicapped person. The able bodied person should have to park and walk four blocks just the rest of their neighbors who don't have the luxury of a gimpy housemate.

Of course, as luck would have it, I live in, literally, the only house on my block WITHOUT a driveway. So I have to drive around in circles until something opens up. Meanwhile, these "handicapped" people, some of which don't walk with as much as a limp, park within 10 feet of their door whenever they want.

It's a slap in the face! I mean, couldn't they just pretend to be handicapped? Just fucking pretend! Drag their leg behind them or limp a little? It's not that much to ask for free parking whenever you want it!

2 Comments:

Blogger Rusty said...

That's something we don't see at ALL here in suburbia. I'm sure that pisses you off, and it probably should. My aunt is handicapped, and it would piss HER off, because she's never had a break in her life, and some people get off SO easy.

And I'm sorry, Annoyed, but I laughed out loud at your shitty luck that you're the only one on your block without a driveway. Life sucks. :)

5:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe the PC term is "handicapable". We all know i'm not PC so I have to agree with you. Tell these criples that if they're so fucking capable they can deal with the shitty parking like everyone else.

A.S.S

7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home