Thursday, July 20, 2006

Fore!



I went golfing today...

I was a fun day except for two small details:

1. It was very cloudy out today so I went without the sunscreen. That was dumb... However, what makes it retarded is that I was driving the cart all day so I'm very sunburned,,,,, ONLY on my left side!

My left arm, leg and side of face are as red as a lobster's ass.

My right side is as pale as it always is...


2. I dragged a 17 year old with me. I was this kid's basketball coach when he was in 5th grade and have remained close with his family since. This kid is one of those "natural" athlete types. He's generally good at any sport he attempts and I found out that golf is just another one he can now kick my ass at. (basketball happened when he turned 12)

Anyway, this was his THIRD time playing golf and he beat me by over 20 strokes. I generally suck anyway but rarely am I so embarrassed by my playing partner. Worse yet, he talked shit the whole time while doing it!

It wasn't like I could shut him up either! As an example I hit a 200 yard drive straight down the middle with my 3-wood. I was feeling pretty good about this as he LAUNCHES a drive 300 fucking yards! One of seven drives he hit over 250.

I once hit a drive 300 yards...It was downhill on a windy day.

Worse yet, he did with a 8 degree driver....For those of you not familiar with golf an 8 degree refers to the loft on the club face....Most pros hit 8 degree drivers.... Suck-ass amateurs like myself hit 10 or 11..... No one I know steps on the course for the third time and hits an 8 degree 250+ yards, seven times...

Did I mention I HATE this kid?

Tomorrow, I think I'll take my girlfriend's 82 year-old grandmother mini-golfing.

I think I can take her.

3 Comments:

Blogger Steve H said...

you could get carl spackler to cut a tendon in the back of his leg. then the kid will start pushing everything to the right. he'll quit the game.

3:17 AM  
Blogger March2theSea said...

only played three times? Time to get on the ground floor of this future PGA'er.

7:40 AM  
Blogger pog mo thoin said...

Golf is one of those games that you should only be good at if you are good at another, "real" sport. Otherwise, it is just a badge that you are readying yourself for retirement and old age.

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home