Monday, June 19, 2006

Guest Blog #4

Lyrics that don't make sense piss me off!

James Blunt sucks! First of all he sounds like a woman. (quasi Tracy Chapman only not nearly as talented) Second the lyrics to the song Beautiful make absolutely NO sense. The girl that tolerates A.S.S. says that I am being ridiculous and that James Blunt is Fabulous. I'll let you be the judge.

"My life is brilliant.
My love is pure.
I saw an angel.
Of that I'm sure.
She smiled at me on the subway.
She was with another man.
But I won't lose no sleep on that,
Cause I've got a plan."

Ok reasonable enough. He's a guy on a subway who sees a hot girl with another guy, shares a moment, and absolutely has to have her. Not only does he have to have her but he has "a plan".

"You're beautiful. You're beautiful.
You're beautiful, it's true.
I saw you face in a crowded place,
And I don't know what to do,
Cause I'll never be with you."

Ok, here is where he loses me. In verse one he's very confident. He knows what he wants and has a plan to get it. Now all of a sudden as if by magic he "don't know what to do" !???????

What the fuck happened to your plan asshole? You just had a plan! Where the hell did it go? Did you forget what the plan was? What's the matter couldn't find anything else to rhyme with true? That's it right!? You couldn't find something to rhyme with true so then "you didn't know what to do" and now the song's gone in a completely different direction. You ruined a perfectly good premise because you couldn't find something to rhyme with true. Well Mr. Blunt here are few possibilities.

Get a clue! Your song blew, so go screw!

A.S.S.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jenny G said...

HAHA! Great post, A.S.S.!

6:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You piss me off with your #10 post yet you make me laugh with the James Blunt rant.

Damn this love/hate relationship you've created!!!

Blunt is just another in the long line of whiny, I can't get laid, my mommy and daddy hate me, muscicians. I think that song by The Fray may top him in testicle removal though....

8:16 AM  
Blogger Steve H said...

although i'm thankful for the disclaimer recognizing tracy chapman's talent, i'm not sure she's deserving to be included in a post about mr. blunt...!

when it comes to lyrics that don't make sense: what are your thought's on dylan?

10:33 AM  
Blogger Mr. A said...

I can't speak for our guest... However, speaking for myself there are very few Dylan songs that don't make sense in my opinion.

His lyrics aren't always obvious but usually can be figured out.

1:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate this song I hate this song I hate this song I hate this song OOOHHHH God I hate this song...

4:04 PM  
Blogger No1ofConsequence said...

Didn't you know this song has miracle powers to heal?

http://www.smh.com.au/news/music/blunt-song-wakes-coma-girl/2006/06/21/1150845216553.html

James Blunt is clearly a genius.

:-)

5:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home