Sunday, June 25, 2006

A View From The Front Seat








I went for a drive today and these things stood out a bit...

1. The jerk off holding the piece of furniture, tied to his roof, with his left hand while driving with the right! We've all seen this guy... Sometimes it a piece of furniture, sometimes it's a mattress. Around Christmas time it's a fucking tree!

They tie the object up half-assed and then hold onto it with the tips of their fingers! Like if that mattress slips off the roof their three fingers are going to be able to hold onto it before it hits the road. Why are these people so stupid? And why am I always stuck right behind them on the highway?

2. The people in the E-Z Pass lane STILL aren't reading my blog!

3. Gas is still fucking expensive!

4. When did every restaurant become a "bistro?" I mean, where was I and how come I didn't get the memo. I looked up the definition of the word and found this:

bis·tro (bē'strō, bĭs'trō) n., pl. -tros.
1. A small bar, tavern, or nightclub.
2. A small, informal restaurant serving wine


The key word being "small."

I've eaten at Italian Bistros, Chinese Bistros, Mexican Bistros and once at a place just called "Bistro"

They have all been HUGE! At least 40 tables. Some have required a certain dress code. None of them have been what those definitions imply they should.

I have come to the conclusion that the new definition of "Bistro" should read like this...

bis·tro (bē'strō, bĭs'trō) n., pl. -tros.
1. An overrated restaurant selling ethnic food with too much salt added to it.
2. A restaurant trying to be fancy and charging you obscene prices to prove it!


I'm going to open a bistro and sell jug wine. It will contain four tables and clothing is optional! We will serve huge portions of food at reasonable prices.

I will call it "The O.G. Bistro"

Cause, you know, I'm old school.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wondering how much is gas there? We pay 1.39 per litre (4 litre's to a gallon)

rr

ps. thanx for the nice comment on my post :)

9:52 PM  
Blogger Mr. A said...

Rose,

I paid close to $3 a gallon today. It's been at least that for a LONG time and as high as $3.30

10:00 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

I got gas yesterday and it was $2.67. Not too bad, but when I first got my license, we would drive to this one gas station that had gas at .89. I laughed at the part about holding stuff while you're driving. I did sort of the same thing once. We were moving a couch in my boyfriend's truck and I held onto it through the little window in the back. It was tied well but we were both paranoid and we had to go up a steep hill.

8:28 AM  
Blogger Steve H said...

yeah, but what if the guy who's reaching out of the window and holding down the mattress does a lot of wrist curls or fingertip push-ups, maybe then he could keep it from blowing away if it came untied.

just a thought.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Rusty said...

You took a drive today, eh? Was it time to emancipate? (sorry...song reference)

I'm still laughing about your bullet points there, Annoyed. You keep getting funnier and funnier all the time...

A lady in York died the other year when a mattress flew off the car in front of her and smashed through her windshield. I'm always wary now when something is perched precariously on top of the car or in the bed of the truck in front of me, unsecured... Idiots! (said Napoleon Dynamite-style)

On the bistro thing...we have a bunch of bistros, too, and they generally fit your definition #1.

I'm a dumbass, and perhaps am a little off the pace today...but what's the O.G. in your O.G. Bistro? Oh, God? (as in "Oh, God, why don't they have any clothing on?")

12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You rule.

Period.

1:19 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

One of the benefits to living in the west is the lack of toll roads. Originally coming from NYC I have to say that I don't miss paying tolls to drive the roads or use the bridges and tunnels.
E-Z Pass seems like an easy solution to having change at the ready, but like most things meant to make things easy that isn't always the case.
The picture in your post looks like it could come from right here in Nevada.

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home