Thursday, July 10, 2008

People I Can Do Without #17


Brett Favre needs to go away! 

And not in one of those football ways former players go away.  No working in the booth duringlive telecasts and no coaching or front office stuff either. Hell, I don't even want to see him on the card show circuit signing autographs.

He needs to disappear, FOREVER!

I can't take it anymore. The crying and the constant need for attention that started five years ago before the final game of the 2002 season. The every off-season of "will he or won't he" that hijacks sports TV for months and months.

And have I mentioned the crying?

Sweet Jesus, the crying!  

You're a football player, not a broadway dancer! Suck it up and act like a man. 


I wouldn't mind so much if he ever cried half as much after throwing one of his patented season killing touchdowns. The ones he threw every post season since the late 90s. For all of the "greatest quarterback" talk that gets thrown around when talking of Favre's  career it amazes me that those interceptions never seem to come up.  Montana, Brady, Young, and Elway never did that every year. Yet somehow Favre has wormed his way into the debate with those four.

If you need a quarterback for one game, one game with ten million on the line... winner take all, are you really picking Brett Favre? Of course not! He doesn't even make the short list. 

These days the Packers don't want him for the last game either. In fact, they don't want him for any of the sixteen games this year.  It seems they're over him too.  

My only question is why it even took this long? If I were the Packers I'd send him a thank you card attached to a case of kleenex and tell him to have a great life.  Then change the locks and disconnect the phone! 


Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Just me... said...

I'm with you on this one.. While I respect the talent, they guy is grating on my last nerve with the public whine-y crap.. Either play or don't. But do something and then shut up about it..
Also, someone needs to remind him that at 40 when you break it, it don't grow back together again..

3:38 PM  
Blogger March2theSea said...

there should be a rule..retire once...thats it. all the fan fare and ripping off fans thinking "this is his/her last game I need to shell out extra $$ to be there!" then the next season they say "gotcha".

If they do "retire" and want to come back to play they must pay the league to re-enter..donate to charity or..be required to do community service.

Dunno..how can you be so wishy washy about it. I love he won't be a backup either..dude..if you'd come back and fight for the job people like us would be less pissed. Sure is is/was great..but the team HAS to move forward.

8:39 AM  
Blogger A.S.S. said...

I agreed with you up until this week but he's one of us now!!!!!! Go Brett!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1:04 AM  
Blogger Don Bliss said...

Man this guy cries more than god does when you touch yourself.

10:23 PM  
Blogger Alysha Tsuji said...

i totally agree. check out my blog: all33sports.blogspot.com. I worte an artice about Favre and his idiotic decision making.

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home