Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Supremely Wrong



Not sure if anyone caught the Supreme Court's decision today that stated the rape of a child is not a crime that should be punishable by death. Here's the story...

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/06/25/scotus.child.rape/index.html#cnnSTCText

Now, I've been called a "liberal" by a lot of people. Usually by some ignorant asshole that I don't agree with when they say "Bush is doing a good job." Or when I say that I actually beileve that Global Warming is a fact and not a therory. Or drugs and prostitution should be legalized. Feeling that abortion should be kept safe and legal.

Stuff like that.

However, this is where my liberal friend's jump ship....

Today's 5 to 4 majority vote by the Supreme Court is wrong. And not just wrong because they voted it down but wrong because they didn't vote to take it even further.

I'm for the death penalty. A little thinning of the herd never hurt in my opinion. However, I would insist on DNA testing or an admittance of guilt before the sentence can be carried out. Or a video tape or anything else that proves guilt beyond a shadow of a doubt. In any case that there's even a 1% chance of innocence then no death penalty. Too many "mistakes" over the years....

Back to the point... If someone is caught and found guilty of raping a child then not only should they be put to death but it shouldn't be "humane" and "civilized" It should be medieval and in line with ancient Rome. There should be lions involved and crucifixions and torture. And when the scum-bag child rapist is one step from death's door we should rush them to the hospital and nurse them back to health. Then, do it all over again. Keep them on 24 hour suicide watch in order to prevent the easy way out. This should continue for years and years just like the emotional scar that child is forced to carry.

And while we're at it I want to extend the law to cover all women and not only the children. ANY pre-mediated rape of anyone should be punishable by death! Period, end of story!

The fact is, sex offenders CAN NOT be rehabilitated. They WILL rape and molest again. And Child rapist will NEVER stop wanting to fuck with kids. The may "control" the urge by eventually they will hurt another child.

The court ruled that because it doesn't involve the act of ending a life it can not be punishable by death. See, I disagree. I think that's EXACTLY what raping a child does. It takes their life from them. Not in a literal sense but in the sense that it forever changes the life they would have had. It robs them of more than their breath as it literally takes a chunk of their souls.

The Supreme Court got it wrong today.

Today is one of the few times I can ever recall not wanting to be called a "Liberal."

10 Comments:

Blogger Gina Thompson said...

I'm a "liberal" but I agree. I haven't really make a strong stance on the death penalty, mainly because of this issue. There are just some criminals who should be killed. These guys are one of them.

8:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about this for an alternative? Give them life without parole in prison and, in the full spirit of Megan's Law, inform every prisoner in the joint of that person's crime. Take a nice long coffee break...

12:47 PM  
Blogger Mr. A said...

Why spend two dollars on prison for these guys?

Off with their heads!

Though word does tend to get around in prison about who's a child abuser and who's not

1:54 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

You cease to have the right to live when you do something as heinous as that. Period. And I'm a "liberal" too.

6:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't read much of your stuff or commented for many reasons, but I do totaly agree with you.
About you being a liberal, I may disagree with your reasoning, but you are what I call an educated liberal. Where we disagree is where we get our info. But at least you research and don't just agree with a certain position because someone else does and you are intellectually honest.
GOD BLESS
GOP BUDDY

6:31 AM  
Blogger Mr. A said...

GOP,

Good to see you... been a long time!

I will say that most "liberals" I know are well educated. More so than many conservatives I've encountered.

It seems to me that most liberals tend to vote with their heads while most right wingers vote with their guts.

Neither is really "wrong" and both can get you in trouble in the long run.

This is a perfect example of liberals thinking with their heads... While it is true that child rape does not technically lead to a loss of life and should not be punishable by death.

However, the gut response is the one I've taken and would seem to be the more "conservative" point of view.

Interestingly, both presidential canidates (Obama & McCain) both sided with me on this one. It was nice to hear Obama say he supports a state's right to implement the death penalty in this case.

I was voting for him either way... It was just nice to hear ;-)

8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its been said, I believe either Mark Twain or Winston Churchill - "If you not a liberal when your young you don't have a heart and if your not conservative when your old you don't have a brain"
GOD BLESS
GOP BUDDY

5:02 AM  
Blogger Just me... said...

Politically, we only agree on the odd occasion. However, on this issue we are in completely compatible... Child rapists should be removed from society is a fashion that befits their crime. Not slowly, not quietly and for damn certain not humanely.

7:40 PM  
Blogger Rusty said...

I teach kindergarten, so that's probably 'nuff said right there.

I'd advocate hacking a child rapist's balls off with a rusty knife, then take it from there. There's hardly a punishment that fits a crime like that!

While I agree with you that I don't want a penny of my tax dollars going to their basketball and TV privileges in prison, Y is correct in his/her assertion that things would be taken care of on the inside when word got out. I've never been in prison, of course, but I've heard that pedophiles aren't looked upon very highly in there...

9:39 AM  
Blogger A.S.S. said...

I am going to hear it from Annoyed but I agree with the Supreme Courts decision. I don't disagree that the rape of a child is probably the worst crime that someone can commit and should be punishable by life in solitary confinement. I simply don't believe in the death penalty for any reason. Perhaps I'm too liberal, I don't know. I view the justice system as a protection service to society and not as a punishment. The point of prison is to remove a danger from society. Once that has been achieved there is no further action that needs to be taken. Does it suck that we have to foot the bill for these scumbags? Yes. Do we have a choice if we are going to maintain a civilized society? No. The death penalty is not protecting anyone. No one who is sick enough to commit a crime like this has the capacity or rationality to see the deterrent of the death penalty. Putting people to death is vengeance. I do not believe in god so i am not making the "vengeance is mine" argument here. I simply don't believe that you can rationalize murdering someone no matter how horrible they are. When an inmate is put to death "homicide" is listed as the cause of death on the death certificate. Should the government be able to commit homicide? I don't believe they should. And to anyone who might say "what if it was your child?" I can only answer that if it was my child I would want the death penalty. However, that is an emotional reaction and why the victims of crimes do not get to pick the punishment of their offender.

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home