Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Power tripping at the Supermarket

I'm a lazy person in general. I understand the general need not to be busy or overextend oneself.

However, I can't understand being so lazy that you actually make someone else's shitty job even more shitty.

I went food shopping yesterday. While checking out I bagged my own groceries as I always do. Upon finishing the cashier thanked me for doing so. Now, this struck me as odd. Not that someone thanked me for something but it was the way she did it. Like she was REALLY thankful.

So, being the curious person I sometimes am I enquired about her thanks. I asked her "Do people actually not bag their own things?"

She responded that many people do not bag their own items and in fact some people have the balls to actually stand there and tell her what items to put in what bags! They just observe her and direct her as they go.

So I gently asked the woman.... "Are you fucking kidding me?"

She wasn't.

Then she told me another story of a woman who allowed her to bag the entire order and then told her that she wanted paper and made her re-bag the entire order from scratch!

This brings to mind a few questions.

1. Are people really that lazy that they can't bag their own groceries?

2. Don't these people have actual lives to get back to? You would assume they would want to cut there trip to the Supermarket as short as possible. Do they really have nothing better to do than just stand there?

3. Are people really that void of actual self esteem that they would actually bark orders at a check out girl?

If that's how you get to feel empowered in your day to day life then do yourself, and everyone else, a favor and just end it all right now. Cause you're hanging on by a small thread anyway.

And anyone too lazy to bag their own groceries deserves a heart attack ASAP. Get a hobby or a friend and put that time to better use than making a person earning $6.50 an hour work any harder than their shit wage predetermines they actually should.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home