Wednesday, December 28, 2005

KISS my ass

My girlfriend's best friend's husband is a huge KISS fan! He's one of those "Kiss Army" types.

Anyway, while we were at their house last night I was made to watch their new DVD "Rock the Nation" Now, I'm not a big Kiss fan by any stretch but I do enjoy some of their tunes. Granted, I think they suck for the most part but their place in Rock history, for better or worse, is pretty much secured. The fact they are not in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame is a huge joke in my opinion.

And speaking of huge jokes...

We're watching this concert film and in between certain songs there are little short films of Kiss backstage. One where they are putting on their make up and another of a photo shoot they did.

Shit like that.

Anyway, the third film was the one that caught my attention. It was of a backstage "meet and greet" by the band with some of their fans. Pretty common thing really and I'm thinking "it's pretty cool that KISS does this every night"

NOT SO FAST...

I'm told that each fan has paid $1000 for the "honor" of being in attendance.

EXCUSE ME!!!!?????

Yes, apparently KISS doesn't make enough money recycling the same songs for 30 years they now have to charge their fans to meet them.

What do you get for your $1000 dollars? Well, you get one photo taken with them and one autograph. Keep in mind that only two of the original members are still in the band (Gene and Paul) so that's breaks down to $500 an autograph.

What a bunch of fucking assholes these guys are!

These guys should be so grateful that anyone even attends their shows anymore they should be blowing fans just for showing up in the first place (And I don't doubt Paul would)

I even tried to give them the benefit of the doubt thinking the money went towards a charity or something. That suggestion was just laughed at and I was told "the money just goes into Gene and Paul's pockets"

What a joke!

And just when I thought it couldn't get any worse Paul Stanley says "It's all about the love between the band and the fans and you can't put a price on that"

Well, excuse me Paul, but apparently you can you fucking loser!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home