Monday, January 02, 2006

T.V. On my DVD

Does it strike anyone else strange that almost every television show ever made is slowly but surely making its' way to DVD?

I mean literally every damn show ever made. Surf over to Amazon.com to see what I mean.

I guess I can understand wanting to own something like "The Honeymooners" because you can't see it every day. Or "I Love Lucy" and some of the other classic shows that aren't rerun 100 times a week.

However, who the hell is actually buying "The King of Queens" or "Sanford and Son"???

Who is actually sitting around saying "I'm bored...Maybe I could read this book....Wait a minute, I know, I'll just watch another episode of "Mork and Mindy" instead"

Is it any wonder the rest of the world is getting smarter while America gets dumber?

They attend school on Saturday and we sit around watching all day marathons of "Just Shoot Me"

It blows my mind that we are so bankrupt for entertainment in this country that this crap actually makes the grade.

I know what you're thinking...

"Annoyed, what do you care what people watch"

Well, I don't really except that two of my all time favorite shows are actually unavailable on DVD

"The Larry Sanders Show" - The best sitcom of the 90's and only the first season was released years ago. The idiots at HBO haven't gotten around to releasing the next 5 seasons although every single annoying episode of that bitchfest that was "Sex and the City" is available.

"The Wonder Years" - One of the great, great shows in the history of television. It's a timeless show that was way ahead of its' time while being set 25 years in the past! The idiots in charge of this one can't get the music rights secured!

If you want either of these you have to get them off the bootleg market in really shitty quality.

So, people like me are stuck without them while the rest of the public gets its' fill of "The Nanny" and "Who's the Boss"

So, Delta Studios and HBO studios please get your shit together before I'm forced to watch another episode of "21, Jump Street"....The Greico Years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home